Jourdanton ISD Board Of Trustees
April 02, 2019
Vance Jupe, Amador Lugo Sr, Mary Ramirez, Barbara Peeler, Rita Munoz, Lanny Wheeler, Phillip Netardus
Jourdanton Indepenedent School District
200 Zanderson Ave
Jourdanton, Texas 78026
|Board Member||District||Term (3 Year)|
|Mary Yanas Ramirezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The next school board election will be held November 3, 2020. The election will be held at the Atascosa County Elections Office located at 914 Main St #115 Jourdanton,Texas 78026.
Requirement and deadlines for candidacy of School Board Trustee
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must:
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
3. Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
4. Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
5. Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:a.For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.b.For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.c.For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
6. Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.
|Deadline to Post Notice of Candidate Filing Deadline||Thursday, June 18, 2020 for local political subdivisions that have a first day to file for their candidates1|
|First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail||Wednesday, January 1, 2020*|
|First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot||Saturday, July 18, 2020|
|First Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy||Saturday, July 18, 2020|
|Last Day to Order General Election or Special Election on a Measure||Monday, August 17, 2020|
|Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot||Monday, August 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy||Monday, August 17, 2020|
|Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy||Friday, August 21, 2020|
|Last Day to Register to Vote||Monday, October 5, 2020*|
|First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance||Monday, October 19, 2020*|
|Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail |
(Received, not Postmarked)
|Friday, October 23, 2020|
|Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance||Friday, October 30, 2020|
|Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail||Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (Election Day) at 7:00 p.m. if carrier envelope is not postmarked, OR Wednesday, November 4, 2020 (next business day after Election Day) at 5:00 p.m. if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7:00 p.m. at the location of the election on Election Day (unless overseas or military voter deadlines apply)4|
Trustees usually meet on the second Monday of each month at the JISD Central office Board of Trustees' Meeting Room located in the administrative office. In the event that large attendance is anticipated, the board may meet at another facility in the district. Special meetings may be called when necessary. A written notice will show the date, time, place, and subjects of each meeting. In emergencies, a meeting may be held with two hours notice.
All meetings are open to the public. The Board may conduct a closed meeting to discuss any of the following:
- Attorney Consultation
- Real Property
- Prospective Gifts
- Personnel Matters
- Employee - Employee Complaints
- Student discipline
- Personally Identifiable Student Information
- Medical or Psychiatric Records
- Security Devices
- Assessment Instruments
- Emergency Management
- Economic Development Negotiations