6th Grade Math Teacher
- College Major: Elementary Education with a specialization in MATH
- College attended: BS from Texas Tech University, Sam Houston State University
- Teaching Responsibilities: 6th grade regular math, 6th grade advanced math
- Sponsor: UIL Number Sense 6th, 7th and 8th grade, UIL General Mathematics 6th: practices are every Tues and Wednesday from 3:30-4:15 and on Friday mornings @7:25 a.m
- Sponsor: Junior High Pep Squad Practices: TBA
- A little about me.....I am in my 28th year of teaching, twenty-seven of them in Junior High, and this is my 24th year @Jourdanton. I have 2 children, a son who graduated from Jourdanton in 2006, who finished his undergrad at Baylor University and received his law degree from Texas Tech School of Law. I also have a daughter who graduated in 201l, and just graduated from Baylor University in May and is now a BSN, RN in Ft. Worth, Texas. One of my favorite sayings is to "Live, Laugh, Love and BE HAPPY" which is posted on my computer, and the other quote is from Isaias, "I walk by faith, not by sight".
- Email address: email@example.com
- Homework Help...Please join my "Remind Group" @rmd.at/msjmarb1-Adv. math, @rmd.at/msjmarb2-regular math, @rmd.at/msjmarbp-pep squad
- Campus phone number: 830-769-2234 X-236
- Fax number: 830-769-2998
Grading Policy for 6th Grade Math (Marble)
Category 1- Homework 30%
Category 2-Daily Activities 35% (Worksheets, group work, TTM)
Category 3-Tests/Notebooks 25%
Category 4- Spiral ?’s (Warm-up) 10%
Category 1-3 can be corrected and returned until the Friday of the week before the end of the 6 weeks. (Usually the 5th week.)
Category 4 may NOT be corrected.
ALL corrections need to be on a separate sheet of paper, attached to the original assignment. These are to be turned in at any time to the proper class period tray.
All papers that are corrected have a chance to be regraded for a possibility of a 100, EXCEPT Tests/Quizzes and Notebooks.
- Class Schedule:
|1st period||Advanced Math||5th period||Advanced Math|
|2nd period||Math||6th period||Math|
|3rd period||RTI||7th period||Conference|
|4th period||Math||8th period||Math|