Mrs. Mahaffey's 4th Grade Math
Welcome to Mrs. Mahaffey's 4th Grade Math Class!!
My Belief for every child that walks though my door...
The true ingredient to success is NOT IQ, wealth, privilege, culture, race, or even small town status!
It's hard work and grit!!!
This means pushing through when it gets tough and you want to give up!
Things to know:
Please join my 'Remind' to stay updated on important information.
- number: 81010
- text the message: @maha14
Students are highly encouraged to pass two lessons a week on www.thinkthroughmath.com. This helps to fill in any educational math gaps that might be present. It will also help students on grade level soar even higher! They will be given some class time, but they can access this cite on any android/iphone, tablet, ipad (or generic), laptop, PC, library computer, and really anything that has access to the world wide web. There will not be any penalty for not completing the lessons except for students not working to their full potential. There WILL BE, however, great rewards for meeting and even exceeding their goals.
- each six weeks, the students who meet the goal will be treated to a great surprise (well worth it)
- students who reach the yearly goal will get to enjoy a field trip to an awesome venue (it's a surprise)
- students who go above and beyond their goal will have their name put in a drawing (one for each lesson over the goal) to win a big surprise!
Daily Grades 70%
Tests/Unit Test 30%
*Students may correct daily grades for up to a 70.
Tests and Unit Test can be corrected, but the original grades will not change (this includes multiplication fact tests).
Students will be given a homework packet of multiplication facts every Monday and is due every Friday.
If you have a concern you would like to address about your student, please don't hesitate to set up a time where we can meet.
Conference time: 12:30-1:15, or by special appointment.
- Sign up for 'Remind'
- T-Shirt order forms and money due by Sept. 15 (our color is pink)
What's Going On In Class....
Week of Aug. 21-25
get your student ready - preview of this weeks lessons.....
Homework due Friday
Facts Test on Friday (from the homework)
Week of Aug. 29 - Sept. 1
Preview of this week's lessons....
Homework due Friday (2's Fact Test also)
This Week: Sept. 11-15
4's and 3's Multiplication Test Friday (homework also due)
- ROUNDING WHOLE NUMBERS
- DECIMAL PLACE VALUE
- Decimal expanded form
- Read and Write Decimal Numbers in word/standard form
- Comparing Decimal Numbers
NOTE: Keep in mind that www.thinkthroughmath.com is great for tutorials!!!!